Sunday, November 2, 2008

Orange Ginger Fruit Dip

I fell in love with this when I was a student at BYU. I usually took early morning classes and then would go eat in the Cougareat. My favorite breakfast was a bowl of oatmeal and some fresh fruit with this dip. This dip is my favorite for fruit. Yes, it is as sweet as it can be. But it also has the fresh ginger which gives it a kick and a more unique flavor. I found the recipe years later and adjusted it to my taste. A little more ginger, a little less cream cheese.

1 8oz package cream cheese
1 16 oz jar marshmallow creme
2 Tbsp orange juice concentrate
1 teaspoon minced FRESH ginger

Whip the softened cream cheese with the marshmallow creme until completely smooth. Add the concentrate and ginger. Stir until well blended. Refrigerate at least two hours before serving so the flavors can meld. Serve with any and all fresh fruit.

No comments: