Saturday, March 14, 2009

Blueberry Grunt

Okay. Everyone brace yourselves. This is sooooooo yummy. I got this recipe from my friend Kristi who is not only a phenominal person, but also makes scrumptious food. Words cannot describe how rich this is. I like it warm, but I'll eat it cold. It is good with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream or just by itself. It can serve twevle or one. I have personally served this recipe for twevle people and to just one! I took a few days to eat it, in case you are wondering.

Please use fresh blueberries, since nothing else works quite right. It does take a lot so head to Costco or look for the sales. It is easy-peasy lemon-squeezy and I made NO adjustments. It is perfection that cannot be improved upon.

6 Tbsp. Butter, melted
¾ cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 cup sugar
4 cups blueberries
2 tsp. Baking powder
Dash of salt

Preheat oven to 375°F. Pour melted butter in a 12” x 7” baking dish. Stir in dry ingredients. Add milk and vanilla. Sprinkle in blueberries. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cold, topped with whip cream or vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!

No comments: